11/4/11

Lindsey Vonn is going to homecoming with a 15-year-old skier


Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn has walked red carpets at award shows, movie premieres and fashion shows but had never gone to a high school dance. That will change Friday night.
Vonn will be attending a Colorado high school's homecoming dance with a 15-year-old student who asked her to go the day before.
She detailed the story on her Facebook page:
Yesterday I visited the Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy and while I was eating lunch with all the students a 15 year old boy named Parker asked me if I would be his date for their homecoming dance which is tonight. When Parker asked me he was cute, nervous and very polite so of course I said YES! :) All through school growing up I never got the chance to go to a school dance so I'm excited for tonight! :) xo LV
Parker is a modern day hero. Thirty hours before the dance he doesn't have a date, then he has the gumption to ask a famous athlete who, amazingly, says yes, and now he's bringing a gold medalist/Sports Illustrated swimsuit model to his homecoming. And not only is he bringing her, but she's excited about it!
That, my friends, is the American dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment